This presentation and notes are from the May 2009 Java User group meeting in Twin Cities. You can view the details and download the code from http://www.intertech.com/UserGroups/JUGPresentation.aspx?TopicID=135 It was an excellent presentation. Bob has discussed about new cool features in Spring 3 and how it simplifies the Spring MVC development. These presentation slides are created by him and all rights lies with him.
- DispatcherServlet is the central servlet handling requests
- See slide 7. The request handling takes place in the following order
- HTTP Request is first handled by Dispatcher Servlet
- DispatcherServlet refers HandlerMapping find the controller which will handle the request
- DispatcherServlet sends the request to the Controller. Controller returns view and/or model.
- DispatcherServlet refers to ViewResolver to determine the view page based on logical view name
- View is rendered
- Controller hierarchy is deprecated in Spring 3.Just annotation is enough. No need to implement life-cycle methods
- Flexible method arguments. Flexible return types.
- Annotations like
- Convention verses configuration
- Model and ModelMap
- Rest SupportStateless, cacheable, scalable, communication protocol
HTTP Methods – GET, POST, PUT(Idempotent), DELETE(Idempotent), HEAD, OPTIONS
- Spring 3.0 has REST support
[scribd id=16090137 key=key-2egj91p4jijjedv11ab3]